Published academic works by Kuzmarov include:
- Race, Class, and Corporate Power “There’s Something Rotten in Denmark:” Frank Olson and the Macabre Fate of a CIA Whistleblower in the Early Cold War
- Under the Facade of Benevolence: Psy-Wars, Amnesty and Defectors in America’s Asian Wars, published in The International History Review,September, 2019
- Modernizing Repression: Police Training, Political Violence, and Nation-Building in the “American Century”
- American Military Assistance Programs since 1945 – published in Oxford Research Encyclopedia of American History, Feb. 2017
- The Crackdown in America – The Reagan Revolution and the War on Drugs, Ch. 14 – published in A Companion to Ronald Reagan, Wiley Blackwell
- Shadow Warriors: The Phoenix Program and American Clandestine Policing in Vietnam – published in Decolonization and Conflict: Colonial Comparisons and Legacies, edited by Martin Thomas and Gareth Curless (New York: Bloomsbury, 2017)
- Jimmy Carter as the Improbable Militarist, Race and Class, November 2018.